Dust Mite Control
Dust mites are tiny, invisible insects that live in fibers on carpeting, furniture, curtains,
mattresses, pillows and bedding. While dust mites don’t bite like spiders and ticks, they do live in bedding and mattresses and eat flakes of dead skin that we shed while we sleep. The allergens from dust mites can be quite potent, especially for those suffering from asthma.
Vacuuming can help, but that alone is not enough to remove dust mites from your home. Dust mites burrow into the carpet and hold on with little sucking pads on their feet, so it can be nearly impossible to vacuum the live ones out.
Regular carpet cleaning by Zion Carpet and Restoration is your best defense for keeping dust mites at bay. Tests have shown that steam cleaning is the most effective method for removing these pests. With the most advanced truck-mounted steam cleaning system in Eastern Washington, Zion provides the deepest, most complete cleaning available. No sticky residue is left behind so your carpets and upholstery stay cleaner longer. We can even clean your mattresses to remove these pesky creatures.
Tips for Dust Mite Reduction:
- Encase your mattress and box-spring in zippered, allergy-proof covers. Breathable covers are more comfortable than plastic ones, which can be hot and sticky in warm weather.
- Reduce humidity in your home. If your home is air tight, then a sufficient ventilation system should be installed, such as a heat exchanger.
- Vacuum often to remove as much dust and allergens as possible.
- Wash your clothes and linens in hot water.
- Change air filter every three months
Thank you, Zion Carpet & Restoration! You are our heroes. Thank you for rescuing us when a pipe burst at our home, making a tough situation easier to deal with. You and your associated contractors were professional, fast and easy to work with. We can’t thank you enough for being there when we needed you!
Contact Us Today
Tell us what we can do to help you!